Last updated on 28 October 2016
WE RESPECT YOUR PRIVACY
Transparency International e. V. (TI) is committed to ensure the privacy of all our users. We collect and retain only such personal information as you choose to provide us. All such information is stored securely and will not be made public, sold, rented or likewise distributed.
The IACC website – http://iaccseries.org, including all information and materials contained on it, is managed by Transparency International e. V., Alt Moabit 96, D-10559 Berlin, Germany.
PASSIVELY COLLECTED DATA
Like most websites, we may automatically receive and record information in our log files from your browser when you visit transparency.org. This includes your IP address, cookie information, browser type, system type, when you accessed the IACC website, the pages you viewed and the referring URL. This information is stored in log files and we use it from time to time to create aggregate statistics. These statistics help us understand how the IACC website is used and provide us with valuable information for improving it for you in the future. This data cannot be used to identify you personally.
Find more about the information your browser sends to websites at the Electronic Frontier Foundation: https://panopticlick.eff.org/
VOLUNTARILY SUBMITTED DATA
We do not collect any information from the IACC website that can be used to identify you unless you choose to provide it.
Personal information you submit to TI is kept confidential, is stored securely, and is retained only for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was given. Personal information you provide will not be sold or rented or made public. Personal information is never shared with third parties unless we have your permission or are required to disclose the information by law, with the exception of the following circumstances:
- Payment processing and fraud: If you make an online purchase or donation, your card details will be disclosed to a bank so that payment can be processed. In the case of a suspected fraudulent transaction, these details may be disclosed to the appropriate authorities for the sole purpose of investigation.
- Hosting and processing: The IACC website is hosted by a third party service provider. We may also use third parties to process donations to TI. These third party services providers will process your personal information only on TI’s behalf and are bound by strict confidentiality conditions.
Processing of your information by TI and its service providers is regulated by German data protection law and protected by appropriate security measures.
A cookie is a text-only piece of information that a website transfers to your computer’s hard drive so that the website can remember your computer.
- How many individual visitors we have
- How many visitors are new or returning
- How often visitors come to the website
- What content they’ve visited
- How visitors interact with particular pages or content
To prevent the download of cookies, or otherwise control how cookies are used on your computer, please read the help information supplied with your Internet browser software, or go to: www.allaboutcookies.org
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you have provided TI with personal information, under data privacy law you have the right of access to it in order to verify or correct it. In some circumstances you can object to our use of your information. If you wish to exercise any of these rights or have any questions about this policy, please contact:
The Data Protection Officer
Transparency International e. V. (Secretariat)
Alt Moabit 96
10559 Berlin, Germany
Or please email us here